Sunday, August 2, 2009

Coming, but mostly goings...

These are some pictures from our day trip to Nakuru National Park. One of Kelsey's last days in Kenya...



Nakuru is famous for its 1.5 million flamingos

Were going to have lunch until this guy decided he would like to join us, baboons are not known for their table manners.



sigh.
Baby sister went home earlier this week. It was so nice to have a piece of home around for a while. Went back to Nkita's crazy household and found everyone else moving out. Nkita left for Mombasa early this morning. Agnus went upcountry to visit her family. Christian is moving back to school campus tomorrow. And that leave me! In a big house, alone!
Thankfully Annabelle (another Day star student) is moving in. It's been a trying week, filled with frustrations (about school and graduating on time) and feeling of loneliness with everyone going. I've been thinking about how funny life is and how it never goes the way we expect it to or plan it to be. Yet it somehow works out anyway. So I'm holding onto that.
This month is also vacation for the kids of Mahali. They had their last day Friday and I made them a special treat, fruit salad! (3 guys on the matatu asked me if they could have some, LOL) My focus is now switching from the kids to my new project for the month which is the affects of westernization on the African church, specifically in the area of worship. Next week we have worship leaders from all across Kenya (and some flying in from the States) coming here! So I have to rush around to get all my interviews in before they leave.
Yesterday I went to a soccer game, Kenya vs. Brazil. Total madness but awesome. Met some new friends, got stranded for a while, went to a random graduation party, met some more new friends, finally got home, ate some chicken, and went to sleep! Busy day.
Nairobi is beginning to become more familiar than ever. The weather is FINALLY starting to warm! And I'm relaxed.
a

No comments:

Post a Comment