Monday, November 9, 2009

Coming Home...

I've been home for about a week now. I wanted to wait to do my last post so that I could update people on what home was like. The first week was honestly spent running around and seeing all my friends and family I have missed for the past 5 months. Being back home however is not all cream and peaches. The last week has been really hard, getting back into the old routine of work and school. I miss working for a purpose in Kenya. I really loved the work I did there. I felt as though I was making a difference.
It was great to surprise everyone (for those of you who don't know, I came home a week early). The looks on peoples faces were priceless. It's so good to know I was missed so much.
My last few days in Kenya were very very sad but also very joyful. I had a wonderful "farewell party" that my Dad and Sue put on for me. Almost everyone who was important to me in my time in Kenya got to be there. There are the pictures from the party, so you all get to see the people I have been talking about for so long now!




This is Danson and Shiro, two really great friends of mine

Ronald (brother) and his girlfriend Jackie







Christian (a Daystar Student who lived with me for the first 2 months)



Peris (the lead Mahali Pa Watoto teacher) what a great woman!
This is the great Gibson family. They really took me into their home. Fed me and let me be a kid with their kids.











This is Annabelle (who also lived with us for a short time) and Agnus (my sister and our househelp)







The meeting of generations! Nkita, who was once hosted by my grandparents, my father, me, and Nkita's two sons, Ronald and Emile.















Tina, who also welcomed me into her home, she was so kind


No comments:

Post a Comment