Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here are some pictures from our climb up Mt. Longonot (an extinct volcano)
1 hour 1/2 up







The hard core people then went 1 hour 1/2 around the crater


The top of the top




Filthy dirty, we were covered head- to- toe in dirt!
What a crazy few weeks it has been. Julia my roommate from LA Term arrived and is staying with me for a few weeks until we can find her a homestay.
Mahali is back in session so I spent some time there this week. It's so good to be back with the kids. I only have about 8 homes to visit and I'm all done there!

This next month I will be working on community networking and mobilizing project. For this project the idea is to do research in a community and connect life giving organizations credit for what they do. Also the research will benefit the community because they now know what organizations they have in their area. I'm very excited to continue getting out into the neighborhood and interviewing more residents.

Besides that life feels pretty normal here. Which is funny because I feel like that is a sign that I am doing well and fitting in. It's hard to believe I only have 2 months and I head home. Very bittersweet I miss home (well the people I love anyway) and I do miss the ease of life. But it is true what they say about Africa grabbing your heart. I know that when I leave Nairobi I am going to realize how much this place has taught me.
Keep you posted
a

No comments:

Post a Comment